To install TWRP Recovery on your device, you need to follow these instructions.
1. This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 2, for the variants which are listed below. Before installing this, make sure that your device is listed below. Check your device’s model number in Settings > More > About Device.
2. Download the file carefully for your device.
3. Make sure that your device’s battery is charged over at least 60%. Highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the recovery installation process.
4. Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
5. Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and PC. Turn off your Anti Virus and Firewall to prevent any connection issues. Also enable USB debugging mode on your phone if you face connection issues.
6. If you already have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to back up all your important apps + system data. Also if you are using a custom recovery, it is recommended that you backup your current system using that first. [Just for the sake of safety.]
7. Recovery works well for Galaxy Note 2 running on all Android versions, no need to worry about the Android version.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers – Get Here.
- Download and Extract Odin3 v3.09 – Get Here
- Enough confidence to flash
Android is one of the most open, versatile, and customizable mobile operating systems out there. You may think you don’t need to root your phone, but you’d be surprised at how much more you can accomplish with a little work.
Step 1: Free download KingoRoot.apk
You will download it directly to your Android. You can find it in “Download” on your phone.
The download will be automatically started. If Chrome has warned you about KingoRoot.apk, click “OK” to proceed.
Step 2: Install the apk file of KingoRoot.
When installing the apk file, you may encounter some issues. Whatever it might be, follow the system instructions.
Install Blocked: Settings > Security > Unknown sources > Check the box and allow.
You device may only accept app installation coming from its native app store, like Google Play or Samsung Apps. The apk file of KingoRoot is directly downloaded from the server of Kingo and will not be able to install on your device unless you allow installing from “Unknow source“.
A Windows-based computer with Internet Access;
Android device powered ON with at least 50% battery level;
An original USB cable or a quality one at least.
Turn off any sort of firewalls or anti-virus software on your Windows;
USB Debugging Mode enabled on your Android device;
Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap 7 times Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging
What is USB Debugging Mode?
How to enable USB Debugging mode on Android?
Allow installation of apps from unknown sources on your Android device.
The first recommended method is to download an app dedicated to rooting your device, install it and press the button that will allow you to start rooting. The procedure is identical for each of them.
ROOTING: Rooting is the Android equivalent of jailbreaking, a means of unlocking the operating system so you can install unapproved apps, deleted unwanted bloatware, update the OS, replace the firmware, overclock (or underclock) the processor, customize anything and so on.
1. Installing Custom ROMs
After rooting your device, you can flash a custom ROM or Kernel, which means you can have a new device.
2. Remove Preinstalled Crapware
Manufacturer won’t allow you to uninstall those preinstalled apps on your device. Rooting a device can make them removed easily, which ensures a high running quality.
3. Blocking Ads in Any Apps
Sick of the pop-up ads when playing games? A rooted device can remove this annoying ads immediately.
4. Install Incompatible Apps
Some wonderful apps need the root access if you install them on your device. Root your phone, enjoy more apps.
5. Keep Latest Android OS
A rooted Android can get the new OS months before the carrier releases the update, often along with a few bonus features.