How to Install TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy Note 2:
1. Download the file for your variant carefully.
2. Open Odin3.exe.
3. Put your phone in download mode, to do so, turn it off completely. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key, you should see a warning now, press Volume Up to continue.
4. In case the download mode method doesn’t work for your device, try one of the methods from this guide.
5. Connect your phone to your PC.
6.The ID:COM box in Odin should turn blue now, that means your phone is connected properly in download mode.
7. Click the PDA tab in Odin and select the downloaded Recovery.tar file and let it load. Your Odin should look exactly as shown below, make sure that no extra options are selected.
8. If you’re using Odin 3.09, you will select “AP” tab instead of the PDA tab, rest of the options should remain untouched.
9. Hit start now and sit back, it will take a few seconds to flash the recovery and your device will reboot.
10. Press and hold Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key to access the TWRP Touch Recovery that you just installed.